The Western Washington University Digital Media Center opens.
Utter Associates recently completed a TV studio project for Western Washington University. The new Digital Media Center is designed to serve the campus with a facility for new media instruction and production. The Center includes a 900 sq. ft. TV studio, control room and equipment core. Utter Associates provided Consulting, Design, and Construction Administration through the project architecture firm, RMC Architects in Bellingham, WA.
The technical design was centered around simplicity and reliability while allowing for highly creative and complex production needs to be met. The physical space was designed inside an existing building requiring a high level of design coordination with various consultant disciplines. The resulting facility is highly flexible, modern, and was completed on budget.
Key technology includes:
- Sony Studio cameras connected via hybrid fiber and outfitted with Teleprompters
- Cyclorama green screen walls
- High efficiency studio lighting
- Ross Carbonite production switcher
- Ross xPression graphics
- Ross Blackstorm playout server
- AJA KiPro recorders
- Ross routing and modular processing
- ClearCom intercom and IFB
- Soundcraft digital audio