A complete HD upgrade of King County's government channel.
Utter Associates has recently completed a HD upgrade for King County Television in Seattle, Wa. This project presented multiple challenges typical to a broadcaster such as minimal downtime, scheduling around regular programming, logistics and access difficulties.
Faced with an extremely compressed time-line, Utter Associates applied project management techniques that met every goal. The upgrade moved King County TV from technology that was over 15 years old into modern file-based work-flows.
Technology choices were driven by long-term manufacturer support, ease of use, and value. Two production control rooms are nearly identical in order to provide redundancy and ease operator training. The project included a total replacement of all technical systems including:
- HD Broadcast master control ingest and play-out with branding and CALM compliance
- Multi-viewers with probing and automated alarms.
- 3D Graphics systems
- Council chambers AV automation - Touch-screen controls.
- All new PTZ HD cameras and projection in studio and council chambers
- Core video system - Routing, patching, networking, servers, ingest/play-out and processing.
- Master control production room
- Studio control production room